Saturday, November 14, 2015

What is Ayurveda?

By: Rachael "BluLotus" Bynum, Healing Arts Practitioner 
When I lived in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, I had the pleasure of working at a spa surrounded by the beautiful Ozark Mountains,  with natural hot springs, serenity, and many alternative healing centers. While contracting as a Licensed Massage Therapist at Gryphon’s Roost Day Spa, I learned many things about Ayurveda and had hands on training using many of the products as it relates to bodywork, treatments, food, and skincare. Since I like to test things on myself before mentioning it to someone else, I started to use the practices. I must say that I noticed a difference in my skin and body, a decrease in stress levels, as well as how my body felt overall. This led me to do further research about the inner and outer healing  aspects of Ayurveda. 

 What is Ayurveda? 
According to Deepak Chopra, MD, thousands of years before modern medicine provided scientific evidence for the mind-body connection, the sages of India developed Ayurveda, which continues to be one of the world’s most sophisticated and powerful mind-body health systems. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge). It offers a body of wisdom designed to help people stay vibrant and healthy while realizing their full human potential.
Since Ayurveda is a science of life we must know what is life? Life according to Ayurveda is a combination of senses, mind, body and soul. So Ayurveda is not only limited to body or physical symptoms but also gives a comprehensive knowledge about spiritual, mental and social health.
Ayurveda is definitely a practice and way of life that will help in managing stress and connecting the mind,body, and soul
Read More from Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment